fbpx

Lemonville

The Lemonville community, located south of Bloomington Road on McCowan Road, was named after George Lemon, who received his land grant here in 1805. A boot and shoe factory, cabinet makers, carriage works, woollen mills and a shoe repair shop were all part of the thriving village. In 1871, the Toronto and Nipissing Railway came to Stouffville and bypassed Lemonville. A post office was established here in 1852 and was closed in 1937. 

en_CAEnglish