Pine Orchard, the community at Warden Avenue and Vivian Road, was settled in 1802 by Quaker families who emigrated from Pennsylvania. In 1814, the first meeting house was built and the cemetery established on land sectioned off from Samuel Lundy’s property at Lot 31, Concession 4. A post office was established in 1853 and closed in 1914. By 1860, three sawmills were operating in the area and a school had also been built. By 1880, Pine Orchard boasted a cheese factory, blacksmith’s shops, a shoemaker, a wheelwright, a fledgling honey and maple syrup industry, and a library.