fbpx

Shrubmount

The small hamlet of Shrubmount was settled at the intersection of Davis Drive and McCowan Road. Although the origin of the name is not known, it is possible that the name comes from the shrub, a sweet cordial, that was served to patrons at a nearby hotel located on the northwest corner of Davis Drive and McCowan Road. A post office served the community from 1884 to 1888 and again from 1890 to 1892.